Greatview is one of the newest and most luxurious of the Montego Bay, Spring Farm villas overlooking the Half Moon Bay golf course and the Caribbean Sea. It is immediately apparent why the owners chose this name for their villa. From the colorful blue hues of the Caribbean Sea to the green mountains beyond, the scenery is truly spectacular. The interior spaces are a perfect combination of taste, beauty and comfort. French limestone and exotic bamboo floors, Barbados coral stone walls, Venetian glazed walls are all part of the exceptional attention to detail. The furnishings are an exquisite combination of Asian antique and tropical colonial. The living areas have been thoughtfully designed to meet the varying needs of your party - quiet private spaces with both indoor and outdoor group settings. Enjoy outdoor meals in the wonderful Jamaican climate, or for more formal occasions the elegant dining room will provide the perfect setting.
Greatview has a large free-form swimming pool with a teak deck for sunning and relaxing. The infinity edge pool overflows as a large waterfall into a lower pool with hot tub spa. The poolside pavilion also has a well equipped bar and television. Besides the pool and outdoor spa you can work out in air conditioned comfort in the well equipped gym. Or arrange for a professional massage in your own private spa connecting the Plantation Green Room and Orchid Room.
Golfers will find some of the finest golf courses in Jamaica within minutes of the front door: The Half Moon Resort course with its world-famous 18th hole, the recently redesigned Rose Hall Cinnamon Hill, and the spectacular new Ritz-Carlton White Witch.The villa has a full membership at the nearby exclusive Half Moon Resort, including golf, beach and tennis (cart fee $30). The villa also has a membership at both Cinnamon Hill and White Witch golf courses. This includes green fees but not the cart and caddy fee.
The new games room boasts a pool table, 60 game arcade table, a large flat screen TV and comfy seating. A foosball table, basketball net and ping pong table are now at the side of the villa so a full range of activities are all in place for teens and young adults - or adults of any age!
The villa is fully staffed (10) with a chef, 2 butlers (provide 24-hour concierge service, room service and breakfast in bed), housekeepers, laundress and a gardener. The professionalism of the staff insure a truly memorable villa experience.
Greatview has 5 uniquely furnished air conditioned bedrooms all with large private bathrooms.
-Bedroom 1 The Plantation Green Room (750 sq ft. main floor) -
is decorated in authentic Jamaican plantation-style, with four-poster
king bed, spacious sitting area with chaise lounge, L-shaped sofa and
built-in entertainment unit and bar refrigerator. The large bathroom
features a 20 inch TV, desk, dressing table, sitting area, Jacuzzi tub, an indoor walk-in
steam shower and outdoor shower among flowering vines. Enjoy the spectacular
view of the Caribbean from your private balcony.
-Bedroom 2 The Orchid Room (522 sq ft. main floor) - has two queen-size rattan beds, a 19th century walnut armoire and an English faux-bamboo antique desk. The large bathroom with its Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower and dressing area has direct access to the spa and the outdoor Swedish and drench showers. The orchid theme is reflected in the fabrics in the room, as well as the vases of freshly cut orchids.
-Bedroom 3 The Burmese Room (400 sq ft. split level) - is named for its Burmese and Chinese furnishings highlighted by a queen-size four-poster bed, an exquisite red lacquered desk and antique Chinese wedding chair, and handsomely complemented by the owner's collection of Asian art. The magnificent wrap-around balcony offers breathtaking views of both sea and mountains: a small patio also offers views of the mountains beyond. The deep soaking tub in the bathroom is the perfect place to relax and take in the scenery.
-Bedroom 4 The Frog Room (280 sq ft. upper level) - receives its name from the whimsical use of the frog theme in the decorations and appointments. In addition to the cheerful frog-theme fabrics decorating the bedspreads and pillows, the loveable frogs find their way to furniture hardware in the room. The room has a king-size bed, balcony, and en-suite bathroom with a deep soaking tub/shower combination, and is done in cheerful greens, oranges and yellows.
-Bedroom 5 The Palm Room (280 sq ft. upper level) - next to the Frog Room, and a mirror image of it, carries the palm theme in its fabrics and the hand-painted armoire and dressers. The greens, reds and yellows give this room a bright and sunny feel. The room has a king-size bed, balcony, and en-suite bathroom with a deep soaking tub/shower combination.
-Bedroom 6 The Cottage (500 sq ft seperate level below the main house and reached by 33 steps from the villa's main level or 14 steps from the lower lawn) Private hideaway cottage with living room, kitchenette, TV, DVD, a/c and intercom to the main house. King or twin bedroom with private bathroom including Jacuzzi and shower. The cottage has great views of the sea and mountains from the wrap around porch. The cottage is available only when all five bedrooms have been rented.
- 6-bedroom and 6 baths, plus 2 powder rooms
- complimentary snorkels, fins, masks, picnic baskets, beach towels and water shoes
- Wheelchair accessible for main level and pool areas
- Private spa with steam room, rain shower
- On-site massages and spa treatments available at additional cost.
- Air-conditioned gym with TV, recumbent bicycle, Stairmaster, free weights, treadmill, medicine balls and exercise mats.
- Air-conditioned den with 30 inch TV and DVD.
- Fully equipped games room with pool and several other games.
- Complimentary crib, play pen, high chair, baby toys, water toys , basketball hoop and two tricycles
- Child friendly with daily complimentary Greatview Kids Club
- 20 x 40 foot free-form heated (85 F) fresh water pool; plus lower pool and hot tub.
- Complete entertainment system and media room
- Two cell phones (prepaid cards can be purchased at the villa)
- Laptop computer with ADSL Internet access; plus wireless network Internet access
- DVD’s and Game Stations with 300 games in each bedroom
- Nortel Digital 2-line telephone system with intercom between each room
- Whole house generator in case of power outage
- Nicky Farquharson trained chef and menus
- 24-hour concierge service
- Membership at the exclusive Half Moon Resort a short 5 minute drive from the villa. See all the details
- Membership at the Cinnamon Hill and White Witch golf courses a short 5 minute drive from the villa. No green fees.
GREATVIEW KIDS CLUB
Greatview's Kids Club is centered around Little View, a one bedroom treehouse/playhouse fully stocked with craft materials, games, puzzles and playhouse items. Under the treehouse is a sand box and craft tables and play tents dot the surrounding garden. Depending on the childrens age and interests, local craftspeople will be brought in for jewelry making, coconut hat weaving and other fun Jamaican crafts.
- children under 3, complimentary nanny service, 3 hours a day, mornings or afternoon, applies to a max of 2 babies. OR children 3-12, Greatview Kids Camp, applies to a max of 4 children per session, 3 hours per day.