Jamaica Marriage License Requirements
Your Wedding in Jamaica - Romantic and Uncomplicated
All paperwork is initiated by your wedding coordinator prior to arrival in Jamaica. Any wedding that our wedding coordinators organize in Jamaica is legally recognized by the United States, its' territories, the United Kingdom and Canada.
- Proof of citizenship - Notarized copy of birth certificate.
- Proof of divorce (if applicable) - Notarized copy or original Certificate of Divorce.
- Notarized copy of Death Certificate in the case of widow/widower.
- Notarized copy of Adoption papers reflecting name change.
- Legal translation of documents to English where originals are in another language.
Blood Test: None required
Processing of Documents:
- All documents must be sent to your wedding coordinator at least thirty (30) days prior to the wedding date. We can expedite if necessary with 14 days minimum. You can FAX or FedEx directly to your specific wedding coordinator.
- A copy of the Marriage Certificate is given to the bride/groom upon conclusion of the ceremony by the marriage officer.
- Two (2) certified copies of the Marriage Certificate are sent to you within eight (8) weeks following the ceremony.
JAMAICAN LAW STIPULATES THAT WEDDINGS MUST BE PERFORMED BEFORE 6PM. LAWS, REQUIREMENTS AND FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF JAMAICA